Re: [Evolution] Style for deleted or moved messages

On Tue, 2020-07-14 at 12:16 -0700, Van Snyder wrote:
On my computer at work, where I don't have the root password, I have
an antique evolution.

When I delete or move a message, it draws a line through it. Then
when I "expunge" the messages get deleted or moved.

In 3.30.5-1.1, when I delete a message it goes directly to the trash
folder.

Likely not, assuming that your trash folder is still "virtual" and that
you did not enable using real folders in your account settings.
The option "View > Show deleted messages" might be disabled instead.

When I move a message, I assume it goes directly to its target.

That is never the case, as "moving" technically translates to "copy and
then delete the original".

I looked all through Edit>Preferences and couldn't find a setting in
3.30.5-1.1 to change the style to "draw a line through deleted or
moved messages."

Can I still set up to do that, or is it gone?

Enable "View > Show deleted messages".

Cheers,
andre
--