Re: [Evolution] Long pauses using Evolution

On Fri, 2020-01-17 at 04:01 -0600, Robert G (Doc) Savage wrote:
When I run grep noti * I get:

        Hi,
what you really want is not a grep for "noti", but for
org.freedesktop.Notifications instead, thus:

   $ grep org.freedesktop.Notifications *

which returns here:

   org.freedesktop.mate.Notifications.service:Name=org.freedesktop.Notifications
   org.kde.plasma.Notifications.service.orig:Name=org.freedesktop.Notifications

If it'll still be just a single file, could you try to run the
   $ /usr/libexec/mate-notification-daemon
from a terminal, please? Maybe it fails to start for some reason and
the terminal might give a clue, hopefully.

        Bye,
        Milan

P.S.: by the way, Evolution can easily reply to the list (which works
at least for me better on this list), instead to the individuals, using
Message->Reply to List (Ctrl+L). It works only on list messages (it did
not work on the message I'm replying to, because I did not receive it
through the mailing list). It's true that different users have
different opinion and preferences.