[Evolution] Long pauses using Evolution

New member to this list.

I've been advised by the Community support for Fedora users <users lists fedoraproject org> list to post this to your list since it involves an Evolution problem. The system is a fully-updated Fedora 31 with the MATE desktop and running Evolution v3.334.2-1.fc31. If further environmental details are required, please ask.

I'm having persistent problems with Evolution fetching and reading Pop mail from a local ISP. Every time I connect to a different folder, set a filter, or click on send/receive, there's a 24-26 second pause before the result is displayed. I see the same pauses with existing, already downloaded mail. Thee pauses affect the entire system. When I run "journalctl -fa" in a Terminal window I see the following:

Jan 15 23:01:34 tiger.protogeek.org kernel: Lockdown: pmdakvm: debugfs access is restricted; see man kernel_lockdown.7
Jan 15 23:02:08 tiger.protogeek.org xdg-desktop-por[8858]: Failed to get application states: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.portal.Error.Failed: Could not get window list: Cannot invoke method; proxy is for the well-known name org.gnome.Shell without an owner, and proxy was constructed with the G_DBUS_PROXY_FLAGS_DO_NOT_AUTO_START flag
Jan 15 23:02:32 tiger.protogeek.org pcp-pmie[2148]: High aggregate context switch rate 48447ctxsw/s tiger protogeek org
Jan 15 23:02:34 tiger.protogeek.org kernel: Lockdown: pmdakvm: debugfs access is restricted; see man kernel_lockdown.7
Jan 15 23:03:08 tiger.protogeek.org xdg-desktop-por[8858]: Failed to get application states: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.portal.Error.Failed: Could not get window list: Cannot invoke method; proxy is for the well-known name org.gnome.Shell without an owner, and proxy was constructed with the G_DBUS_PROXY_FLAGS_DO_NOT_AUTO_START flag
Jan 15 23:03:34 tiger.protogeek.org kernel: Lockdown: pmdakvm: debugfs access is restricted; see man kernel_lockdown.7
Jan 15 23:04:08 tiger.protogeek.org xdg-desktop-por[8858]: Failed to get application states: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.portal.Error.Failed: Could not get window list: Cannot invoke method; proxy is for the well-known name org.gnome.Shell without an owner, and proxy was constructed with the G_DBUS_PROXY_FLAGS_DO_NOT_AUTO_START flag
Jan 15 23:04:34 tiger.protogeek.org kernel: Lockdown: pmdakvm: debugfs access is restricted; see man kernel_lockdown.7

When I so try to view man kernel_lockdown.7, I get "No manual entry for kernel_lockdown.7"

Whatever is causing Evolution to lock up for 24-26 seconds is doing the same to my entire system. Ideas? Suggestions?

--Doc Savage
Fairview Heights, IL