Re: [Evolution] Why have my google account emails landed in the gmail trash folder ??

On Fri, 2020-02-28 at 21:24 +0100, Thomas Mittelstaedt wrote:
As a precaution: could you change the default configuration of external
accounts to not automatically apply filters to its INBOX and/or be more
conservative when importing filters from backups (especially when they
apply to all mails).

I don't know what an "external account" is (in contrast to any other
kind of account). And filters are only applied automatically as new
mail arrives (unless the user activates them manually.) Usually it's
only mail which doesn't trigger a filter that ends up in the Inbox.

Anyway, happy, that evolution is still alive and kicking, although I do
a lot of email / calendar / task stuff from my mobile device nowadays.
Have you thought about a smartphone evolution client?

I doubt that there's any chance of that ever happening. Very few, if
any, mobile phones run Linux desktops. Evolution doesn't even run on
MacOS, which is at least a UNIX-based system.

poc