Re: [Evolution] OneNote memos (Sticky Notes) not formatting correctly

On 2020-12-20 at 22:36 +0100, Andre Klapper via evolution-list wrote:
On Sun, 2020-12-20 at 20:18 +0000, Douglas Summers wrote:
I'm having a minor issue with the format of Outlook's OneNote
Sticky Notes. When I create a memo in Evolution, the formatting
holds when it syncs with my Outlook account. There really isn't
much available to format - only carriage returns/line feeds - so my
notes look very plain (which is fine; all of the
bold/underline/bullets are just extras to me). However, when I make
any changes from the Sticky Notes app or from their website, all
previous CRs/LFs disappear and the notes become a long run-on
sentence.

Sounds like something to bring up in OneNote support forums? I could
vaguely imagine lack of support of some line break types:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1552749/difference-between-cr-lf-lf-and-cr-line-break-types

Does OneNote app show the note properly on view and edit (thus the
problem only appears on saving)? Or do already disappear when viewing
them?

If the latter, they might argue that notes must use CRLF (not just by
being Microsoft, that's what internet standards generally use), and
OneNote app not supporting anything else.

But if it is shown properly, that's clearly an editing issue.
As you mention formatting, I wonder if it is taking a plain note and
then treating it as html, losing newlines through the way.

Best regards