Re: [Evolution] Backup/Restore

On Tue, 2020-12-22 at 12:51 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
If not, do any of the other
programs (i.e. Deja-Dup or Lucky Backup) allow one to back up and
recover the then up-to-date Evolution data?

Evolution's data files are largely text based, there's nothing
magical
about them. They are successfully backed and restored by any normal
backup program.

Evolution's data storage locations are in the application Help if
you
want to specifically back them up.

If you use IMAP though, your mail is largely held on a server
somewhere
else and makes local backups less critical.

P.

Thanks to you and ATW.  For reasons I'm not quite able to articulate,
I never tried to restore (or back up Evolution) with Deja-Dup.  I've
now switched to Lucky, and will try your suggestions.

Thanks again.
Ira