Re: [Evolution] Emails marked as read that I never viewed

Around once a day, a minute or so after receiving a set of emails,
Evolution will mark some of those emails as read (entry in email
list
no longer in boldface) without me ever viewing them.  If I choose a
different email account in the accounts list, and wait until the
Saving
IIRC in the past people who have reported this kind of thing have
generally found that some other mail client is accessing their
account,

Agree, likely something else is marking them as read.  Evolution is
only doing/displaying as it is told.

e.g. from a phone, mail checking widget or similar. When Evolution
marks something as "Read", it's simply reporting what the IMAP server
is telling it.

There is also the /org/gnome/evolution/mail/mark-seen &
/org/gnome/evolution/mail/mark-seen-timeout and
/org/gnome/evolution/mail/mark-seen-always settings available via donf-
editor [use the 'registry' editor at your own risk - all default
disclaimers apply].

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383
OpenGroupware Developer <http://www.opengroupware.us/>