Re: [Evolution] Stacked headers in vertical never work for me

On Mon, 2020-12-14 at 13:56 -0600, Morgan via evolution-list wrote:
I have wanted to use Evolution for years, but I can never get the
stacked messages to work for me in vertical view. On Novell's
website, they say that when you switch to vertical preview, the
default message list will contain double line compressed headers.
However, this never works for me and I just get one line where I
can't read any columns.
I am running 3.36 on Ubuntu 20.04. Thank you for your help.

That documentation is for Evolution 2.24 - that's about 10 years old
and much has changed since.  Up-to-date documentation is in the Help
menu - or use F1.

As for your problem.  You say you only get a single line - what does
that single line say?

I think the term "columns" is a bit misleading in vertical view - there
are two lines for each message in the message list - the first line
contains the "From:" header and date/time, the second line contains the
"Subject:" header.  The top line of the message list doesn't contain
any columns at all except for Status, Flagged and "Messages". In fact
exactly as it is shown in the Novel documentation (perhaps somethings
never change!).

P.