Re: [Evolution] Evolution randomly deletes my Email

On Tue, 2020-12-08 at 14:20 +0100, Paul Kernstock wrote:
this issue is really not that easy to track down, mostly as it
appears unregularly.

        Hi,
I see. The circumstances to reproduce this (and some other problems)
might be quite complicated. I noticed recently, with a Gmail account,
than when I enter a folder it refreshes its content and suddenly it
shows more messages than there were before I entered the folder. It's
Evolution moving messages to the folder, thus it should show correct
(unread) numbers. I cannot reproduce it on will, it's a similar problem
as that yours, with respect of the reproducibility.

From these logs, can you tell what issued the COPY of 11322 and why I
don't see it in my INBOX until I drag the deleted copy back?

Unfortunately not. I do not expect you to miss any important bit of the
log. If I read it correctly, then the message had been received with no
\Delete flag, it was just a regular unread mail. Then Evolution decided
to move it to the Deleted Items. That can be after some UI change or,
the worse, by some bug in the IMAPx code. There had been similar issues
about incorrect flag saving filled in the past, but it's quite long
time ago. I did not spot anything obvious in the related code in those
times, especially after some obvious parts had been fixed. It predates
even 3.32/3.30.

With respect of the duplicate, I'd guess the server did it for some
reason on its own. It sounds weird, but I do not see, from the provided
part of the log, the message to be copied by the Evolution.
Furthermore, the message has set (\Seen \Recent) flags, which means
it's unread and you are the first client seeing it.

I'm sorry I cannot help more.

        Bye,
        Milan