Re: [Evolution] Evo 3.38 composer oddities

Second, when replying to an HTML mail in plain text the conversion of
the HTML is not good, well, non-existent. All that seems to happen is
that the markup is removed without any attempt to mimic the layout.
Straight forward text is acceptable, but with tables it results in
all the text of the table running into one long line, no line breaks
or spaces to try and separate things, just everything pushed
together.

I'd not call it non-existent, when the only issue is with the tables,
or at least when the markup is removed. You are right the tables are
not covered well. It's a bug. Feel free to file it against Evolution.
I do not know how well a multiline cell of a table can be converted
into the plain text to cover layout closely.

Perhaps an easier approach is to use the Plain Text version in a reply
if it exists, or at least make it an option. (I understand that some
plain text versions are useless in that they just say "use html".)

Even if I switch to the plain text version, replying uses the HTML
version. Or rather the default display version is always used, not what
is currently being displayed.

How about instead of just a "Lose formatting" button you have two
buttons "Convert HTML" and "Use Plain Text version" (with the latter
greyed our if no version present).

P.