[Evolution] Evo 3.38 composer oddities

Evolution 3.38.1 on Fedora 33.

I don't know if these are Evolution issues or the new editor that is
now used in 3.38:

The back space key places the cursor in the "wrong" place when deleting
blank lines. What I mean is that if you have something like ('|'=
cursor)

      AA BB

      DD EE

And press back space, I would expect the cursor to be:

      AA BB|
      DD EE

in reality it is

      AA BB
     |DD EE

I have also seen sometimes when it deletes the wrong character when
deleting lots of text (that includes NewLines) - but I can't pin it
down to anything reproducible.

Second, when replying to an HTML mail in plain text the conversion of
the HTML is not good, well, non-existent. All that seems to happen is
that the markup is removed without any attempt to mimic the layout.
Straight forward text is acceptable, but with tables it results in all
the text of the table running into one long line, no line breaks or
spaces to try and separate things, just everything pushed together.
It's also different if you "Lose Formatting" when replying compared to
switching from HTML to Plain Text within the composer (it still removes
the markup, but at least it puts in some spaces!).

Are these settings issues or bugs or "features"?

P.