Re: [Evolution] Evolution equivalent of Thunderbird's folder offset?

Milan Crha wrote:
it used to be in the GUI, but it had been removed long time ago.

That's unfortunate.

Removed from the GUI, I mean. It can still be enabled, when you edit
corresponding .source file in ~/.config/evolution/sources/ .
Depending
on how many IMAP accounts you've configured, there will be as many
.source files with [Imapx Backend] section. You can see from the file
content what account the file belongs to. It has these two related
keys:

Namespace=
UseNamespace=false

You change them to this:

Namespace=INBOX.
UseNamespace=true

Then restart Evolution and it should provide you the same folder
structure as Thunderbird.

Thanks for the tip. I tried this but it didn't seem to work (see
attached images from Evolution and Thunderbird). Evolution is still
showing the indented folders indicating that folders are child folders
of Inbox. There's also still a collapser gadget next to Inbox; if the
other folders were a sibling of Inbox that collapser gadget should go
away (I'd expect).

Perhaps there are some other settings I need to adjust as well such as
the following?

IgnoreOtherUsersNamespace=false
IgnoreSharedFoldersNamespace=false

Here's what I tried:

1. Perhaps Namespace is case-sensitive? No, changing to "Inbox." (not
including the quotes) made Evolution not find any of the folders.

2. Perhaps Namespace needs to be quoted? No, changing to "INBOX."
(including the quotes) made Evolution not find any of the folders.

3. Changed the following:

IgnoreOtherUsersNamespace=false
IgnoreSharedFoldersNamespace=false

to other values (I tried 4 combinations of values -- both true, one
true/one false, both false).

I only picked those settings because they had the word "Namespace" in
them suggesting to me that they might be relevant. Nothing I tried
delivered the effect I was hoping for.