Re: [Evolution] pop 3 deleting emails

On 2020-04-20 at 14:14 -0500, Christopher Marlow wrote:
Hi,

I am having an issue with deleting emails with pop3.. I don't know if
this is how Evo is intended to work or if this is a problem with my
setup.

But when I go to delete emails, instead of moving them to the trash
folder, the emails just get crossed out with a line through them. And
when that happens I can't figure out how to delete the emails.

Now, if I close evo and open it, and then try to delete the emails
again, they delete and go to the trash folder like intended.

Ideas?

Go to the View menu and uncheck 'Show Deleted Messages'

Yes. It is (kinda) how it is intended to work. When you delete a
message, you actually mark it as deleted, but it stays in the folder
(this was modeled after IMAP). The trash is actually a virtual folder
which shows deleted messages from every folder (unless you configure it
to be an actual folder).
The 'Show Deleted Messages' lets you view the messages marked as deleted
on its original folder, before they are purged. Most of times you don't
want that option to be active, though.

Kind regards