[Evolution] Basically question

Hi guys,

I have a requirement like this:
* There are some applications (developed by myself) that need to store/retrieve the contacts.
* I need to sync these contacts with my online accounts, for example, Gmail or ...
* I also should access to them locally as offline.

So I think `syncevolution` is a good solution for me. I can set-up it on my system for syncing the local DB
with Gmail. But I want to know how can I interact with local DB for read/write/modify the contacts on my
device. In fact, my applications should have access to DB for read/write/modify. Should I use the
`evolution-data-server` or `libsyncevolution`? Which is better? or any help on this issue. Is there any
document about this issue?

Regards,
Hamzeh