Re: [Evolution] Evolutions actualization behavior is a little bit confusing

On Wed, 2020-04-01 at 11:05 +0200, S. Pfeifer wrote:
I must go into the account folder in order to update the
appearance of the account folder (aka remove the blue dot).

        Hi,
if I understand this properly, then what you are referencing is the
"new message arrived in the collapsed account" icon beside the account
name, right?

To have it removed automatically, when a message is read from a search
folder, can be particularly tricky, but I think it's doable. It seems
to be forgotten from the times when the change was added. I can
reproduce it with the current development version (to be 3.37.1). There
is enough to expand and collapse the account to remove the icon, but I
agree it's painful (the idea is that only low-traffic accounts are
collapsed and when a message is received there, the account is expanded
and the message read, which doesn't work in your (valid) use case).

The tricky part I've on my mind is that not every read/unread change is
made by the user, some can be done with filters or the like, in which
case you probably want to keep the icon there, to know there are new
messages in the account. (Imagine you received 3 new messages; then the
server will remove two of them elsewhere for some reason, thus when evo
updates the folder there will be only 1 new message; it's less =>
something "read" the message => remove the icon.)

Anyway, would you mind to file a bug against Evolution [1], please?

If you'd do, ideally post a link to it here, thus the (archive) readers
can follow it. Thanks in advance.
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/issues/new