Re: [Evolution] Recover messages from Evolution client to new email server

Thanks for the reply,
Not sure what you mean by copy.

In the past when switching email providers, I've setup two accounts in
Evolution (the new and the old), then dragged my emails from the old to
the new.

In this case I'm worried that the original Evolution account which shows
my emails I need, will connect to the new email server and flush out
those emails I want to save.

So what I did was entered a bogus host in the old email account
receiving email host server, so only the send side of the account will
work.

It works when I forward email, but the email shows up in my inbox as
from me...not perfect, but...

Also, I see there are two "f5a0f2a2fbbba8b4b320600c768089b9f62e69d5"
strings which I suspect are Evolutions id for each email account.

example below
/home/bret/.cache/evolution/mail/f5a0f2a2fbbba8b4b320600c768089b9f62e69d5/folders/INBOX/cur

I tried copying and pasting all the "1a,0c, 2e" hex abbreviated
folders in the cur folder for the old account into the new account.
Thought they may show up, but no luck.

So what's going to happen to my old account data, if I allow it to
connect to the new email server...will I lose my cached eamils when the
inbox is refreshed/synced?

Sorry for all the drama.
Bret