[Evolution] No connection to IMAPX/SMTP with Password containing ö

Dear All,

I recently installed Evolution and I am pleased with the possibility of having my 3 E-Mail Accounts, several Calenders (CalDAV and ICS) as well as several Addressbooks (CardDAV) available in Evolution.

Unfortunately I cannot connect to the IMAPX/SMTP Servers for one of my accounts. I assume the culprit is the password which contains an ö (Germany Special Character).  I cannot simply change the password, as the account login credentials are shared with others

My other accounts do not contain any of those special characters (ö, ü, ä) and work fine, but as soon as I change the password to a new password containing, e.g. ü, Evolution does not connect to the server anymore and keeps asking for the password. I can always reproduce it.

Is it possible that Evolution cannot work with passwords containing ä, ö or ü?

My Operating System: Fedora 30
My Evolution: 3.32.4 (3.32.4-1.fc30)

Best regards and have a good evening,

Claudio