Re: [Evolution] Suppressing Tool Tips

On Sat, 2019-05-25 at 10:18 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
On Sat, 2019-05-25 at 16:10 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Sat, 2019-05-25 at 06:45 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
How can I suppress tool tips in evolution? Preferably for
evolution
only and not for other applications.

Tooltips are provided by the GTK3 library used by Evolution.
Any behavior is defined by GTK3 and not by the application itself.

Yuck!  Tooltips are very useful for applications that I don't know
but
are a distracting impediment for applications that I do know.
Therefore I need a way to enable/disable tips for each application.

My next project: Enter this as a needed feature in the Gnome Bugzilla
and maybe even look at the Evolution code.

Again: This is not an Evolution thing. Nothing to change in Evolution
code. (And GNOME Bugzilla is closed; superseded by GNOME Gitlab.)

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/