Re: [Evolution] The reported error was “Error fetching message info: expecting a string”. solution found

On Wed, 2019-03-27 at 23:18 -0400, Dr. John H. Lauterbach wrote:
The reported error was “Error fetching message info: expecting a
string”.

Subject error occurs with 3.30.1-1build1 (Ubuntu 18.10). The
workaround, at least on my backup PC, is to install Evolution 3.32.0
(flatpak.git). Two e-mail provider that gave the string error with
3.30.1-1build1 do not give errors with the flatpak.git build.

        Hi,
good to know the error is fixed in the recent version. I guess you'd
have similar success with the 3.30.5 (of evolution-data-server), thus
you can try to ask your distribution maintainers to update it (together
with evolution). I believe such distro-specific issues (of not
providing the latest bits) might be better to deal in the distribution,
forums/mailing lists/bugzillas/..., rather than here.
        Bye,
        Milan