Re: [Evolution] Enabling ActiveSync in Evolution

On Mon, 2019-03-25 at 02:24 +0100, Robert Maerz via evolution-list
wrote:

... but can not find any information online on how to activate it in
the Evolution Client on Arch Linux. I have checked that the data-
server files are in the right place but when I try to add an inbox
that I know needs EAS support...

        Hi,
there are several different files and directories involved here. Most
of them are under $PREFIX/lib/evolution-data-server/, like the
addressbook-backends, calendar-backends, camel-providers and eventually
registry-modules directories may or may not contain the ActiveSync
modules (the actual path can differ in your system).

To have ActiveSync shown in the Server Type when creating a new mail
account a corresponding files (there are two) should be saved in the
camel-providers directory.

I'd begin with starting evolution from a terminal and check whether any
runtime warning is shown there, which mentions "eas" (but not
necessarily only that). Maybe evolution failed to load the Camel
provider module for some reason.

Even your 3.30.5 is capable to recognize new module install and can
load them on the fly, I'd also try to restart evolution-data-server
background processes, just in case, thus it loads the eas modules as
well.
        Bye,
        Milan