Re: [Evolution] Problems with evo: Error writing data to TLS socket: The specified session has been invalidated for some reason.

On Tue, 2019-03-19 at 09:31 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Tue, 2019-03-19 at 06:26 +1300, Steve Edmonds wrote:

On 18/03/2019 22:59, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Mon, 2019-03-18 at 21:38 +1300, Steve Edmonds wrote:
I am now finding I have to authenticate every machine with
google (gmail
in web browser, verification code to phone) before I can gain
smtp access.

You should be able to do this with gnome-control-center (the
verification code is because you have enabled 2-factor
authentication,
which is fine, but g-c-c also supports this). If you aren't using
the
Gnome desktop, do it this way:

$ eval XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=GNOME gnome-control-center

poc

2-factor authentication is not enabled, allow access to less secure
apps
is enabled and using normal password (TLS on port 993).
Still have to authenticate first time with a verification code, in
fact
some machines that were connecting are having to re-authenticate.

AFAIK neither Evolution nor Gnome have any influence on whether or
not
Google asks you for a verification code, but something somewhere
seems
to think you have two-factor authorisation or you wouldn't be asked
for
it.

poc
Google suddenly thinks the computers from which I am connecting are now
insecure, hence the need for the verification code to prove to google
they do really know who I am and therefore will accept my IMAP and SMTP
connections with Evolution.
steve