Re: [Evolution] Problems with evo: Error writing data to TLS socket: The specified session has been invalidated for some reason.

On Sat, 2019-03-16 at 20:36 +0100, Svante Signell wrote:

On Sat, Mar 16, 2019 at 8:32 PM Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
On Sat, 2019-03-16 at 20:26 +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
Do I need to have systemd as boot manager?
Do I need systemd (logind stuff) for evolution to function?
Do I need network-manager? I don't have neither. Is that causing
problems??

Normally not. (Up to your distribution's packagers though.)

A previous recommendation was to create a new Linux user account
and
try and configure Evolution there. Did you try that? How did it go?

As I wrote in my previous mail: I created a new user, set up the
account in evo, all settings were found
from google. But activating the account failed in the same way as
before.

After upgrading even more (was it openldap??),
suddenly I got a window showing:

Google Account Authentication Request
The reported error was “Failed to authenticate: OAuth2 secret not
found”.

Since no OAuth2 was found, I reverted to password authentication and
now evolution works :)

Thank you all for your help!

Next step would be to find out how to install OAuth2...

Thanks again :D