Re: [Evolution] Evolution problem connecting

On Mon, 2019-03-11 at 05:41 -0400, Dr. John H. Lauterbach wrote:
Evolution is more sensitive to upsets on the major e-mail services than is
Outlook 365, for example.  Within the past day, Evolution (3.30.1-1build1) has
been reporting connection problems on a IMAPX account where another one of my
PCs running Outlook 365 under Windows 10 has been doing fine with the same
account.  Both PCs are Ethernet to my cable modem.

        Hi,
Evolution uses glib's gio streams, which use gnutls in the background.
Evolution (or Camel from evolution-data-server, to be precise) used to
use NSS/NSPR for this (I'm always confused which is for what from these
two), but it's a long time ago. I sometimes also see odd behavior when
the connection is busy (not necessarily from my machine, just on my
local network), which I believe is due to the way the gio streams work
in some cases. Nonetheless, it's only my hypotheses, not anything I
could prove or even anything I investigated into the deepness.
        Bye,
        Milan