Re: [Evolution] Evolution problem connecting

On Sun, 2019-03-10 at 16:45 -0400, Roger Burgess wrote:
Evolution returns error: "cannot send message: service not
connected".

I have tried everything. I can receive remote mail but not send any
using Evolution.  Thunderbird connects just fine with all the same
connection data.
I am using Ubuntu 18.04 and Evolution 3.28.5-Obuntu0.18.04.1.
What am I doing wrong?

        Hi,
I do not think you do anything wrong, though I miss some information in
your query above, like what is the account type you use for sending? Is
it SMTP or any other (like sendmail, or Exchange Web Service (EWS), or
...)? Say it's SMTP, when you open the account Properties, can you
"Check for supported types" in the Authentication Type section? It
tries to talk to the server. Is your Edit->Preferences->Composer
Preferences set to send through Outbox or not? When you run evolution
from a terminal (and when it's SMTP, then also with `export
CAMEL_DEBUG=smtp`), will it show anything related there when you click
the Send button?
        Thanks and bye,
        Milan