Re: [Evolution] Composer very slow

On 6/26/19 1:39 PM, Graham Sawyer via evolution-list wrote:
Hi
I recently did a clean install of Ubuntu mate 16.04.6 LTS  and Evolution
3.18.5.2 . When typing an email there is a significant lag to the
characters showing on screen. Any advice on what to do?

Try Fedora 30 with Gnome 3 and Wayland. At least I don't have any
problems with it. Tested on Power-9 with a Radeon GPU, Ryzen 1700X with
a Vega GPU and an Intel i7 laptop with Intel GPU. All Fedora 30. All
have a high performing Evolution.

I mostly use Thunderbird, but I try out Evolution now and then.

Ubuntu always seemed OK'ish to me but sometimes their software build
choices are weird. I don't know that I trust them to get it right.

--
                Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                        Study Hard -- Be Evil