Re: [Evolution] "important" mails not reliably deleted from "important" folder

On Mon, 2019-07-22 at 13:34 +0200, Herr Oswald wrote:
Hello,

I'm using imap with evo 3.28.5-0ubuntu0.18.04.1.

Is this with gmx.de?  If so, then like gmail, it is sometimes a bit
odd.

Often I mark messages as "important" and have a search folder where
these messages (status is important) are shown. Now when I try to
delete one of them from inside the "important" search folder, this
often fails.

Could you clarify - when you say you delete them from inside the folder
- do you want to delete the message completely or just remove it from
the search folder?

When you say "often fails" - fails in what way? Does nothing happen?
How often does it happen?  Is there something consistent about the
messages which fail?

Are all the "important" messages in the same source folder / account?

Have you tried running Evolution from the command line? Are there any
errors or warnings?  Have you tried running Evolution with IMAP IO
debugging turned on? If so, can you verify that the correct commands
are being sent to the server?

P.