Re: [Evolution] Selective Plain Text

On Mon, 2019-04-08 at 20:27 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Mon, 2019-04-08 at 14:14 -0400, David Burleigh wrote:
It would be so helpful if I could flag certain addresses and/or
domains to which I always want to send plain-text emails, rather than HTML.

I see a "Wants to receive HTML mail" checkbox in the Contacts editor.

That doesn't help users who want to send HTML formatted emails by
default, even if people aren't in the address book.

Reasons for some people to use HTML by default could be that in their
business plain text mails are very unusual/freakish or that they are in
contact with many people who read their emails on smart phones, were
auto-wrapped text is unwanted, regarding the small sized screens.

Footnote:

I prefer plain text over HTML and don't care about people who wish to
receive HTML. As a side note, Evolutions's HTML formatted emails could
look disgusting on Windows mail clients, don't expect that inserted
images are even viewed completely. IOW if HTML is important to you,
consider to use another mail client.

If you really want to please smart phone users, you still could use
plain text, but use the option "Performatted" instead of "Normal", so
the smart phone users could do the line wrapping with the mail clients.
IMO nobody should please smart phone users.