Re: [Evolution] Calendar Birthdays and Appointments

On Tue, 2019-07-02 at 14:34 -0400, Richard Barmann wrote:
later in the day The only way I could find
them was in the To Do list.

        Hi,
I suppose you entered the Birthdays in the Contacts view, aka menu
View->Window->Contacts. Am I right?

Today I get the message "Failed to open
calendar “Contacts : Birthdays & Anniversaries” and the same for
personal.

It should also show the reason, just below this message, which is
supposed to explain the reason. Without that it's really hard to guess
what could went wrong. You can select that text and copy it, no need to
type it manually.

You can also run from a terminal the calendar factory process, which
can print some issues there. Not always, some are propagated into the
UI (as they should), but some can. The command to run looks like this:

   $ /usr/libexec/evolution-calendar-factory -w

The actual path can differ in your system. After this wait a second or
two (to let the process time to register in D-Bus) and then run
evolution. You can run it from a different terminal too, it can also
print certain issues on the console only.
        Bye,
        Milan