Re: [Evolution] Evolution closes when double clicking to open an email

Ran the following from command line:
CAMEL_DEBUG=imapx:io evolution >& logfile

That is for tracing/debugging IMAPX I/O calls - your issue is NOT with
IMAP - you've said you can see the emails in the preview window, so
IMAP is working fine.

and
GDK_SYNCHRONIZE=imapx:io evolution >& logfile

That's not how you use that variable.  I've already pointed you to the
right way a couple of times:

 export GDK_SYNCHRONIZE=1
 gdb evolution --ex "b gdk_x_error" --ex r --ex "bt" --ex "t a a bt" --ex q

But again, it's not relevant.  That variable just makes sure that the
GDK calls are synchronous and so any error appears when the call that
creates the error happens rather than at some other time. It's only
really important when you are debugging so that you know the
gdk_x_error break point happens at the right time.

But you know what triggers the error (the "width" being set to some
ludicrous value), and the trace will only tell you the same
information.  What is needed is to know WHY and WHERE it is being set
to that value and to debug that you will need to put a trap on the
correct variable to see when it changes value, but that needs a fairly
decent knowledge of the source code ...

P.