[Evolution] caldav sync issue: puzzling 404 HTTP error on unchanged setup

Dear fellow evolutionists,

Would you be able to help me solve a Caldav sync issue?
I've been using the Evolution calendar (3.28.5-0ubuntu0.18.04.1), with
calendars hosted a Nextcloud server (14.0.6) for a few months now
without issue. But starting last week, evolution stopped syncing the 4
calendars hosted on that server and started showing the following error
message:

Failed to connect calendar “CalDAV : (Calendar name)”
Failed with HTTP error 404: Not Found

I could rule out a general network or server issue so far because:
1. My Android phone (DavDroid) syncs well with the same server and the
same caldav URLs, even when connecting over the same network.
2. If I remove and add the calendars on evolution again, Evolution
detects and shows me the list of calendars hosted on that server,
including calendar color.
3. We can exclude a login & password error because I copy-paste them
from a master password (encrypted) database, and because of point 2
above.

How would you troubleshoot this issue? I suspect some logs would be of
help, but I'm quite new to Evolution so I'm not sure how to provide you
such logs. With respect to Nextcloud logs, I don't have admin rights on
my Nextcloud instance, but I could try to ask the admin if we had an
idea of what specific logs would help.

Looking forward to your feedback, Jean

--
 Jean Hausser, PhD
 Joyce lab, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research