[Evolution] [OT / Meta] Evolution list as source of spam

Well, sort of a source of spam.

At times I've mentioned that I seem to see an increase in spam when I
post to the evo list - mostly it's subjective and others have not seen
it and I'm certainly willing to accept it is coincidental.

However, recently I've seen lots of failed delivery attempts on my mail
server. Nothing new about that, it's a regular occurrence. But these
failed addresses are message IDs that have, obviously, been harvested
from somewhere. Specifically, I'm getting log messages of the type:

2019-01-14 20:57:31 H=(mail.rentautos.eu) [85.14.240.55] F=<uslyyyy rentautos eu> rejected RCPT <1421662613
17426 6 camel biggs org uk>: Unknown user

(I don't think there's anything there that needs to be redacted! The
hosts and From addresses change frequently.)

Every single one of those message-ID type addresses are from mails I
have sent to the Evolution mailing list. They are from a while ago -
2015 to be precise - but still, someone is obviously harvesting
anything that even vaguely looks like an email address from an evo
mailing list archive somewhere.

I know there's absolutely nothing anyone can do about it, and these
things are just noise in my logs, it's just interesting that it is
evidence that someone/something has been harvesting the list and no
doubt our real addresses have got themselves on a list somewhere.

P.