Re: [Evolution] X-evolution-account setting

On Wed, 2019-01-09 at 11:22 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
The X-Evolution-* headers are not exposed to the outside world -
certainly not on recent versions.  Some (perhaps all?) of the X-
Evolution-* headers don't even really exist, they are inserted by
Evolution when the mail is displayed and are not present in the
stored emails.

        Hi,
that's true. There is a set of "helper" headers used by Evolution
itself when sending mails. Those can be visible in the Outbox folder
and they are removed before the message is passed to the transport
service. It's not that obvious when the Outbox folder is skipped, which
is the default behavior for some time now (the message is sent
immediately when the Send is clicked in the composer window).

Such headers are X-Evolution-Identity (the From account UID),
X-Evolution-Fcc (the sent folder), X-Evolution-Transport (the transport
service UID, usually associated with the From account). Those UIDs used
to look like an email address, containing the "localhost". Newly
created UIDs look like SHA256 hash, thus they do not expose anything
from the local machine (some users consider it a private information).
The X-Evolution-Account header used to be used in the past and it
contains the same value as the X-Evolution-Identity.

I suppose the headers are left in the message only because: