[Evolution] X-evolution-account setting

My outgoing mail isn't sent directly from my own computer.  It's sent
from an smtp server.  But the X-evolution-account setting is my own
computer.  That is apparently interfering with some setting in the smtp
server.  I get messages like this:

<xyz berkeley edu>: host aspmx.l.google.com[74.125.195.26] said: 550-5.7.1
    Unauthenticated email from jpl.nasa.gov is not accepted due to 550-5.7.1
    domain's DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of 550-5.7.1
    jpl.nasa.gov domain if this was a legitimate mail. Please visit 550-5.7.1
    https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690 to learn about the 550 5.7.1
    DMARC initiative. cd2si22321609plb.39 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA
    command)

My IT service guys -- the guys supposedly knowledgeable about (maybe
even administrators for) the smtp server, insist it's because the
X-evolution-accunt setting is my own computer, not the domain name for
the smtp server.

I looked through all the settings for my mail account and didn't see any
mention of my own computer, or X-evolution settings.

So I did the following:

# foreach f ( ~/.??* )
# find $f -type f -exec grep -il x-evolution-account {} \;
# end

The only files it found were in .cache/mozilla, .mozilla/firefox, and
files that are mail messages under .evolution.save and .local/share.

Nothing in those files looked like settings.

How can I cause the X-evolution-account setting to be the domain for my
smtp server, not my own computer?

Or does the above problem arise from some other cause?

Thanks,
Van Snyder