Re: [Evolution] X-evolution-account setting

On Tue, 2019-01-08 at 16:04 -0800, Van Snyder via evolution-list wrote:
My outgoing mail isn't sent directly from my own computer.  It's sent
from an smtp server.  But the X-evolution-account setting is my own
computer.  That is apparently interfering with some setting in the
smtp server.  I get messages like this:

Headers with the prefix X- are custom headers added by a service that
your email passed or used. If your smtp server had issues with a custom
header, it should have issues with nearly all emails out there.

<xyz berkeley edu>: host aspmx.l.google.com[74.125.195.26] said: 550-5.7.1
    Unauthenticated email from jpl.nasa.gov is not accepted due to 550-5.7.1
    domain's DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of 550-5.7.1
    jpl.nasa.gov domain if this was a legitimate mail. Please visit 550-5.7.1
    https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690 to learn about the 550 5.7.1
    DMARC initiative. cd2si22321609plb.39 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA
    command)

Have the maintainers of jpl.nasa.gov considered publishing their DMARC
policy and fixing their mail server setup?

My IT service guys -- the guys supposedly knowledgeable about (maybe
even administrators for) the smtp server, insist it's because the
X-evolution-accunt setting is my own computer, not the domain name
for

Err, no.

andre
--