Re: [Evolution] Getting “Failed to issue REPORT: HTTP error code 404 (Not Found)”.

From: Milan Crha via evolution-list <evolution-list gnome org>
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution]  Getting “Failed to issue REPORT: HTTP error
code 404 (Not Found)”.
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2019 10:39:13 +0100
On Thu, 2019-01-03 at 17:01 +0000, Graham Sivill wrote:
The calendar backend servicing “Google” encountered an error.
The reported error was “Failed to issue REPORT: HTTP error code 404
(Not Found)”.

      Hi,
that error most like comes from evolution-calendar-factory, though it
can also be from evolution-source-registry, it depends. Could you run
them in this order from a terminal, please?

   $ WEBDAV_DEBUG=1 /usr/libexec/evolution-source-registry

Wait a bit, then run from another terminal:

   $ CALDAV_DEBUG=all /usr/libexec/evolution-calendar-factory -w

Wait a bit, then run evolution.

You might see the REPORT error from either of the two. It should show
the server response, which may or may not contain detailed
information
(though the "404 Not Found" is kind of self-explanatory). The URL it
tries the REPORT at is important. Where evolution(-data-server) code
found it is another question (it could be returned by the server).
      Bye,
      Milan

Milan,
Thanks for your reply. I did reply earlier to this and attached the
output from the two commands as text files as I wasn't sure what I was
looking at. However because the email and attachments exceeded 40KB the
moderator rejected my message.

So I have tried to extract what I think you need from the two commands:

From Calendar Factory command (apologies for right angle brackets but
they were in the command output:

PROPFIND /caldav/v2/siv gmail com/events/ HTTP/1.1
Soup-Debug-Timestamp: 1546600930
Soup-Debug: EWebDAVSession 1 (0x559e413827f0), SoupMessage 3
(0x7f3b68017c60), SoupSocket 3 (0x7f3b54076ac0)
Host: apidata.googleusercontent.com
Authorization: Bearer
ya29.GlyHBrDhO7ZvSH7MJw5QGQTgYu1nsRWhIb4KPeR9_XBX1BoReTVJsv-
e19mPfeZSesAbeEfJHveJ9GQoSQXcIzQuddlsVWjmstsWbyHesnmQLCkBdkGZAq9vyhZT2w

<propfind xmlns="DAV:" xmlns:CS="http://calendarserver.org/ns/";>;
  <prop>
    <CS:getctag/>
  </prop>
</propfind>

< HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
< Soup-Debug-Timestamp: 1546600930
< Soup-Debug: SoupMessage 3 (0x7f3b68017c60)
< Vary: Origin
< Vary: X-Origin