Re: [Evolution] How do I stop evolution from duplicating sent items?

On Tue, 2019-01-01 at 14:15 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
Evolution will always store the sent mail somewhere - this is a
GOOD thing.

        Hi,
I agree with the 'GOOD' thing, or at least I'm one of those whom prefer
to have the history saved. Just for the sake of completeness, since
some version of Evolution users can disable save of sent messages
completely, it's at the same place where the Sent folder is configured
(mail account->Properties->Defaults tab, there's a checkbox in front of
the Sent Messages Folder option).

I think what happened to Russell is that evolution (or camel, to be
precise) detected a server-side folder which is used to store sent
messages and it assigned it there. It's also not that new feature (it
used to be preselected to On This Computer/Sent before the change, even
the server provided the information). This automatic preselection
applies to IMAP and EWS accounts.
        Bye,
        Milan