[Evolution] How to modify the outgoing email method

I need to change the outgoing method of an IMAP account:
until recently email was sent via Sendmail, but now I have to use
an authenticated SMTP connection instead.

When creating a new account I can choose IMAP and then SMTP and all
works fine, but I don't see any way to modify the existing IMAP+Sendmail
account to an IMAP+SMTP one.

Of course, I can create a new account and then delete the old one, but
then I need to recreate manually the config I used for the previous
account, and it'll have to re-download all the messages, so I'd really
prefer to avoid this.

I'm using the `evolution` package that comes with Debian (`testing` on
some machines and `stable` on others),

        Stefan