Re: [Evolution] Opening a link in Evolution opens in Firefox despite my default app being set to Chrome

Hi,

If I run $ xdg-open http://www.gnome.org
it opens a page in my Chrome browser.

$ XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=GNOME xdg-mime query default text/html
chromium-browser.desktop

I may have solved my own problem.  I did the following:

According to some comments on a page by Google (probably quite dated)
asserted the Evolution program uses Gnome settings instead of those
specified by the Free Desktop Standard.  It made the following
suggestion to change some settings.

To see these settings:

$ gio mime x-scheme-handler/http
Default application for “x-scheme-handler/http”: firefox.desktop
Registered applications:
        chromium-browser.desktop
        firefox.desktop
Recommended applications:
        chromium-browser.desktop
        firefox.desktop
$ gio mime x-scheme-handler/https
Default application for “x-scheme-handler/https”: firefox.desktop
Registered applications:
        chromium-browser.desktop
        firefox.desktop
Recommended applications:
        chromium-browser.desktop
        firefox.desktop

So to change them to go to Chrome instead I did the following:

$ gio mime x-scheme-handler/http chromium-browser.desktop
Set chromium-browser.desktop as the default for x-scheme-handler/http
$ gio mime x-scheme-handler/https chromium-browser.desktop
Set chromium-browser.desktop as the default for x-scheme-handler/https

That seems to have helped.

If you have an Evolution wiki of some kind perhaps you could point me
in that direction and in future I will check that for answers first.

Thanks for trying to help.

Cheers