Re: [Evolution] Change in behavior of search

On Fri, 2019-02-22 at 10:01 -0600, Japhering via evolution-list wrote:
Evolution starts cleanly at the command line.  Sitting in the inbox for
the account I want to search via the search bar.

Show:   All Messages  Search:  <Keyword>  in Current Account

Regards of the type of keyword -- something from the subject line or an
email address, I end up with 3 copies of the matches.

Simple case, I registered for a merchant account which offers a gateway
to their services named Lucy.  As a result of registration I have 1
email with a user guide pdf and 1 email with support information.

Using lucy as the keyword, I get 3 copies of the user guide email, 3
copies of the support information email and 2 copies of a credit card
receipt sent from the lucy gateway service.   All are shown to be in
the same location. Each message type has the same timestamp for the
type (user doc shows Mon 15:55 x 3, support info shows Mon 10:18 x 3
and receipt shows  01/25/2019 01:29 x 2)

I've checked the headers and the body of the emails and don't find
any correlation in the number of copies and the number of uses of the
keyword in the emails in question.

To make this totally clear:
Are these triplicated messages only shown in *search results*? Or do
you also see the three copies of the same message in the corresponding
folder in the "default view", when you have no search view applied?

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/