Re: [Evolution] Importing from Claws / Sylpheed - MH folders and files

On Mon, 2019-12-16 at 13:01 -0500, Reid Vail via evolution-list wrote:
I have a laptop that's running Sylpheed and I would like to import the folders, subfolders and files over to Evolution. In my case, the import
tool works (as far as I know) only for individual messages but I haven't yet found documentation that explains how to move more
efficiently.  Pointers welcome.

I think you just need to copy folders from the Claws folder into the evolution folder, which is usually
~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/
preceding the name with a dot, e.g.
cp -a ~/Claws/ross ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/.ross
Then you have to do something to force evolution to recreate the index files (mostly <foo>.cmeta.) As I remember, you need to remove all these files and then restart evolution; but I am not sure because the last time I did it was about 20 years ago.

Good luck - jon