Re: [Evolution] EWS: Offline Global Address List problem

On Tue, 2019-12-03 at 11:37 +0000, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
but I still got an Offline GAL, one that
I can populated by searching for people, then these are visible in
that offline GAL.

        Hi,
there will always be shown a GAL in the Contacts view. You can see
whether it's offline or online only whether it shows all contacts. Even
the online can show some contacts, those you've been searching for, but
not all, not with the full details.

If you want to be sure that the addressbook uses the new option from
Preferences, then restart the evolution-addressbook-factory process
(see `ps ax | grep evolution`). Of course, ideally do that when
Evolution and other contact-related applications are not running.

Sidenote: populating the offline GAL has always been tricky(even with
Basic auth), every restart of
evo lost it and it could take many minutes before it was populated,
sometimes one had to do a few Refreshes too.

I do not recall whether it is known or not, or whether I saw it
anywhere. It can be a bug. My GAL is small, and doesn't change often.
The address book tries iterative updates, as the server supports it,
but if it cannot do it or if the server has it disabled (which I
doubt), it downloads whole GAL on every change, which can take some
time with large GALs.
        Bye,
        Milan