Re: [Evolution] EWS: Offline Global Address List problem

On Tue, 2019-12-03 at 10:17 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:

On Tue, 2019-12-03 at 08:46 +0000, Joakim Tjernlund via evolution-list
wrote:
This error (new) pops up:

   The reported error was “Failed to update GAL:2000008;reason="The
token contains no permissions, or permissions can not be
understood.";error_category="invalid_grant"”.

        Hi,
you are using OAuth2 with the evolution-ews, right? I saw some such
message when playing with it. The OAuth2 doesn't work with Offline GAL.
Just turn it off in Edit->Preferences->Mail Accounts-><EWS account>->
Edit->Receiving Options->Cache offline address book.

With that off you cannot browse the GAL, but you can still search in it
(and autocompletion works with it too).
        Bye,
        Milan

Thanks, I removed the "Cache offline address book" but I still got an Offline GAL, one that
I can populated by searching for people, then these are visible in that offline GAL. I rather not
recreate my account again as it takes a long time to download everything.
Can I fix somehow anyway?

Sidenote: populating the offline GAL has always been tricky(even with Basic auth), every restart of
evo lost it and it could take many minutes before it was populated, sometimes one had to do a few Refreshes
too.

      Jocke