Re: [Evolution] Calendar Issue: UID problem?

On Thu, 2019-08-15 at 08:58 -0400, Timothy Keebler wrote:
Flathub.org

Hi,

just a shot in the dark:

"Viewing sandbox permissions of application

Flatpak applications come with predefined sandbox rules which defines
the resources and file system paths the application is allowed to
access. To view the specific application permissions do:

$ flatpak info --show-permissions name

The reference of the sandbox permission names can be found on official
flatpak documentation [1]." -
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Flatpak#Viewing_sandbox_permissions_of_application

You probably could fix the issue:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Flatpak#Overriding_sandbox_permissions_of_applications

FWIW since Ubuntu is a derivative of Ubuntu, there might be a snap
package available. However, snaps are also using a container approach,
so you might experience similar issues with a snap, too.

Btw. I'm completely against treating Linux this portable device way.
Linux provides the opt/ directory. It's possible to compile software by
not linking against shared libraries and to install the software to opt/
without depending on a container approach.

I know, the argument pro containers is allegedly enhanced security, but
this is arguable for several reasons.

Regards,
Ralf

[1] Too funny, the link
https://docs.flatpak.org/en/latest/sandbox-permissions-reference.html
seems to suffer from an in valid certificate ;).