Re: [Evolution] SpamAssassin - Was: All Mails filtered as spam

On Fri, 2019-08-02 at 08:28 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
Whether it's used is selected in Edit->Preferences->Mail
Preferences->Junk tab. If more than one Junk filtering plugin is
installed the UI allows to switch which to use. If you have installed
both Spamassassin and Bogofilter plugins, then you have it shown there.

Actually Evolution on my machine provided such a selection box in the
past, see
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2014-May/msg00004.html,
but as already pointed out by a previous reply, there isn't such a
selection box anymore, see attached screenshot.

However, we can close this thread, since my Evolution might be broken,
because I'm using a downgraded version and issues might be related to
the downgrade, since I didn't recompiled it myself, I'm just using the
distro's packages:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/62317

Actually the Arch packages do not divert from upstream, but Evolution
3.32.4 still fails with icu 64.2.

The downgraded version compiled against icu 63 started to misbehave a
while ago. I can see umlauts when editing an email, but they are
replaced by ?? when the mail is sent.

It would be good if you could fix the icu 64 issue. Evolution needs to
be compiled against the latest GNOME packages, but at the same time an
outdated version of icu is required. This isn't something distro package
maintainers or users can be blamed for ;).