Re: [Evolution] SpamAssassin - Was: All Mails filtered as spam

On Tue, 2019-07-23 at 11:13 +0200, Ralf Mardorf via evolution-list
wrote:
What ever upstream decided to make the default, even assuming
evolution would be a single non-split package.

        Hi,
I'd say no. It's a common practice to split plugins into separate
packages, if for nothing else then to avoid unnecessary dependencies.
Why would you have installed bogofilter plugin with bogofilter, when
not used? Similarly with spamassassin plugin. Thus it makes perfect
sense to split them into separate packages and let the users decide
which, if any, should be installed.

An Arch Linux PKGBUILD is a script:

Nice. Hmm, well, maybe except I'm afraid any regular users won't want
to decipher it, the less users not using Arch or similar distribution.

[rocketmouse@archlinux tmp]$ asp checkout evolution-spamassassin
==> evolution-spamassassin is part of package evolution
fatal: destination path 'evolution' already exists and is not an
empty directory.

Okay, this feels like distro specific and should be sent there, not
here. For example, I've absolutely no idea what 'asp' is. The same I've
absolutely no idea what 'checkout' argument of that to-me-unknown
command is supposed to do (but, based on its name, it doesn't look like
'remove/delete/uninstall'). I do not want an answer for it, I do not
use that distribution, you would just waste your time and bandwidth
describing it just to me, because I'd simply forget it the very next
day anyway.

Back to the point:
to get rid of spamassin, do I need to remove the optional package
evolution-spamassassin?

As Andre said, it's very likely, but the definite answer may get your
distribution packager. For evolution itself, if the plugin is not
installed, then it doesn't exist, thus it doesn't influence Evolution.
That's the way these things (usually) work in general.

...does it mean that I disabled spamasssin or...

You cannot really disable it. You can only use it or not use it, when
it's installed (thus also you can have it installed or not have it
installed). Whether it's used is selected in Edit->Preferences->Mail
Preferences->Junk tab. If more than one Junk filtering plugin is
installed the UI allows to switch which to use. If you have installed
both Spamassassin and Bogofilter plugins, then you have it shown there.

... or did I enable it 'global'/'non-local-only'?

Andre already pointer it out. You can also try the below command, if
you prefer it over GUI tools like dconf-editor:

  $ gsettings describe org.gnome.evolution.spamassassin local-only

Or is it automatically disabled, if no command is set up?

Similarly:

  $ gsettings describe org.gnome.evolution.spamassassin command

        Bye,
        Milan