Re: [Evolution] Evolution, VPNs and Google

On Wed, 2019-04-17 at 06:32 -0400, AtomicCanine via evolution-list
wrote:
It is a Gmail issue, not Evolution.  It will occur with any mail user
agent software - and even with the Gmail web interface, though I don't
think it blocks the latter.  Google is flagging the fact that your
connection is coming from a different IP than "normal".  You can allow
this access via the Gmail web i/f, but I don't know if multiple sources
are stored.

This may be of interest:
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/45938?hl=en

That page simply notes that you can check the location of recent
accesses, including those flagged as "suspicious". It says nothing
about such accesses being blocked, and if they were blocked I would
expect to be notified of the same by email, which is what Google does
for any security-related event.

I frequently used Gmail from all sorts of places, including public
spaces, friends houses, on my mobile devices, in different countries,
etc. and have never seen a blockage of this kind.

poc