Re: [Evolution] search emails on (IMAP) server

Thanks Pete.
Looking at the process stats of my email server, you don't seem to lie. :)

I may not lie, but there's more to it.  It depends on what sort of
search you are doing.  If Evo can do the search locally (like searching
for Subject or Address - i.e. fields it downloads automatically) then
it will do. It is only for searches such as "Message Contains" or "Body
Contains" that it uses server side.

And I must say as well that I'm not a developer and I don't magically
know these things.  This was discussed on the mailing list just a month
ago in this thread:

  https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2019-March/msg00009.html

P.