Re: [Evolution] Daily Limit for Unauthenticated Use Exceeded

Version: 3.28.1-2

Hi all, newbie here. First day using Evolution. The following error
came up:

Daily Limit for Unauthenticated Use Exceeded. Continued use requires
signup.

How do I resolve this? I have searched in the manual, but couldn't
see anything related to this.

The last time this sort of thing came up [1] it was to do with the
number of errors generated by an application.

The underlying issue is that each application that connects using
Google APIs has to have an "application key" - it is nothing to do with
the user, it's the application and is the same for all installs.  There
are limits on the use of the keys (to limit potential issues) and the
developer can apply to have the limits on a particular key at different
levels.  Once those limits are exceeded, the key stops working until
(usually) the next day.

AFAIUI there are no limits on "normal" use, the limits are on abnormal
situations. The situation previously in [1] was that Evolution
(calendar I think, possible tasks) was doing something wrong and the
key stopped working after about 10:00GMT. This time it seems if you
(possibly other people as well) are using the key for unauthenticated
access to a calendar - possibly a shared calendar? - and that is
bumping up against a limit. If it's a shared calendar you don't have
write permissions for, then should you be using a "On the Web" type of
access rather than explicitly a Google Calendar.

(And I'm not a dev, my limited knowledge is gleaned by reading things
on here and on the web.  I may be completely wrong!!)

P.

[1] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2017-October/msg00117.html