Re: [Evolution] IMPAX RECEIVING PROBLEMS

On Mon, 2018-10-29 at 21:24 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
It needs a bit of patience sometimes - if it's slow, it's going to be
slow terminating the connection, especially if it is dealing with large
messages: it needs to cleanly finish what it's doing before closing
otherwise it could end up confused about what has or has not been
downloaded.

I used to see this a lot in older versions of Evo, but not for a long
time now. One thing that always irritated me was that if I simply
killed the Evolution process and restarted it, it would re-sync much
faster than if I let it run. This never seemed to make any sense to me.
I even considered filing an RFE about it, suggesting there should be an
option to just force-close an account without waiting (I don't remember
if I ever got round to it).

poc