Re: [Evolution] Plain Text Default: Notmal vs. Preformatted

On Mon, 2018-10-01 at 11:41 -0700, Mark - Syminet wrote:
Is it possible to tell evolution that I would like it to be
"Preformatted" every time - so I don't always have to make that
selection?

        Hi,
no, there is no option for it. There's an option to influence how many
letters the Normal paragraph format accepts before it wraps the line.
It's at 71 by default. You can check your actual value with:

   $ gsettings get org.gnome.evolution.mail composer-word-wrap-length

and eventually change it to some other value with:

   $ gsettings set org.gnome.evolution.mail composer-word-wrap-length 10240

If I can ask, why do you change it to Preformatted every time? Long
lines which do not wrap are hard to read due to horizontal scrolling.
        Bye,
        Milan